Peer Reviewed Publications
- Angeles, M.E., González, J.E. & Ramírez, N. (2017). Impacts of climate change on building energy demands in the intra-Americas region. Theor Appl Climatol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-017-2175-9
- N. Hosannah, J. Gonzalez, R. Rodriguez, H. Parsiani, F. Moshary, L. Aponte, R. Armstrong, E. Harmsen, N. Ramirez, L. Leon, P. Ramamurthy, M. Angeles, D. Niyogi, and R. Bornstein. (2017). The convection, aerosol, and synoptic-effects in the tropics (CAST) experiment: Building an understanding of multi-scale impacts on Caribbean weather via field campaigns. BAMS (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-16-0192.1).
- González, J. E., M. Georgescu, M. C. Lemos, N. Hosannah, and D. Niyogi. (2017), Climate change’s pulse is in Central America and the Caribbean, Eos, 98, https://doi.org/10.1029/2017EO071975. Published on 27 April 2017.
- Equisha Glenn, Daniel Comarazamy, Jorge E. González, and Thomas Smith,. (2015). Detection of recent regional sea surface temperature warming in the Caribbean and surrounding region. Geophysical Research-Letters. DOI: 1002/2015GL065002. Selected as Research Spotlight of the Year.
- Nathan Hosannah, Hamed Parsiani, and Jorge E. Gonzalez (2015). The role of aerosols in convective processes during the midsummer drought in the Caribbean. Advances in Meteorology. Vol. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/261239.
- Comarazamy, D. E., González, J. E., Moshary, F., and Piasecki, M., (2015). On the hydro-meteorological changes of a tropical water basin in the Caribbean and its sensitivity to changes in regional climate. Hydrometeorology, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/JHM-D-14-0083.1
- D.E. Comarazamy, J.E. González, and J.C. Luvall (2013), Quantification and Mitigation of Long-Term Impacts of Urbanization and Climate Change in the Tropical Coastal City of San Juan, Puerto Rico, Int. J. Low-Carbon Tech.,Special Issue on Mitigation Alternatives. doi: 10.1093/ijlct/ctt059.
- D. Comarazamy, J.E. González, J. Luvall, D. Rickman, and R. Bornstein. 2013. Climate impacts of land cover and land use changes in tropical islands under conditions of global climate change. J. of Climate, doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00087.1
- D. Comarazamy and J.E. González. 2011. Regional Long-Term Climate Change (1950-2000) in the Mid Tropical Atlantic and its Impacts on the Hydrological Cycle of Puerto Rico. J. Geophysical. Res.-Atmosphere, 116, D00Q05, doi:10.1029/2010JD015414.
- D. Comarazamy, J.E. González, J. Luvall, D. Rickman, and P.J. Mulero. 2010. A land-atmospheric interaction study in the coastal tropical city of San Juan, Puerto Rico, Earth Interactions Journal, 14, 1–24. doi: 10.1175/2010EI309.1.
- Moisés E. Angeles, Jorge E. González, Nazario D. Ramírez-Beltrán, Craig A. Tepley, Daniel E. Comarazamy, Origins of the Caribbean Rainfall Bimodal Behavior, Journal of Geophysical Research, 115, D11106, (17 pages), 2010, doi:10.1029/2009JD012990 .
- Moises Angeles, J. E. Gonzalez, D. J. Erickson, III, and J. Hernandez-Figueroa, The impacts of climate changes in the renewable energy resources in the Caribbean region. ASME J. of Solar Energy Engineering, August 2010, 132, 031009 (13 pages), doi:10.1115/1.4001475.
- Daniel E. Comarazamy and Jorge E. González. On the validation of the simulation of Early Season precipitation in the Island of Puerto Rico Using a Mesoscale Atmospheric Model. Journal of Hydrometeorology. 2008 (Vol. 9, No. 3, doi: 10.1175/2007JHM804.1).
- I. Torres, J. E. González, and D. E. Comarazamy. Impacts of a changing climate and low land use on a Tropical Montane Cloud Forest. WIT Press. 2008. 10.2495/CENV080061.
- Velazquez-Lozada, A., J.E. Gonzalez, A. Winter, and P.J. Mulero, Urban heat island studies for San Juan, Puerto Rico. Journal of Atmospheric Environment. 40, pp. 1731-1741.
- Moises Angeles, J. E. Gonzalez, P. Mulero, D. J. Erickson, III, and J. Hernandez-Figueroa, Assessment of PCM results for predictions of climate changes in the Caribbean. International Journal of Climatology. 27, pp. 555-569.
- González, J. E., J. C. Luvall, D. Rickman, D. E. Comarazamy, and A. J. Picón, Urban heat Island in a Coastal Tropical City: Case Study In The Metropolitan Area Of San Juan, Puerto Rico, Chapter 11 in Urban Remote Sensing, CRC Press, D. Quatrochi and Q. Weng Eds. 2006.
- D. Comarazamy, J.E Gonzalez, E. Glenn, Y. León, D. Brito. On the Changes of the Hydrological Balance of Caribbean Lakes – Modeling and Observations. 93rd AMS Annual Meeting, 05 – 10 January 2013, Austin TX.
- Comarazamy, D.E., J.E. González, and R. González. On the Hydro-Meteorological and Social Response of a Tropical Lake Basin, Lakes Enriquillo and Sumatra (La Hispaniola) to Changes in Regional Climate and Land Cover. Presented at the 92nd AMS Annual Conference, January 22-26, 2012. New Orleans, LA.
- D. Comarazamy, J.E Gonzalez, E. Glenn. The Effects of Saharan Dust on Cloud Microphysics and its Impacts on the Caribbean Mid-Summer Drought. AGU Fall Meeting, 03 – 07 December 2012, San Francisco CA
- Daniel E. Comarazamy, and J. E. González Long-Term Climate Impacts on the Hydrological Cycle of Northeastern Puerto Rico due to the Combined Effects of LCLU and Global Climate Changes. Presented at the 91st Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, January 23-27, 2011. http://ams.confex.com/ams/91Annual/webprogram/Paper185506.html
- Comarazamy, D.E., J.E. González. The Effects of Aerosols on Cloud Microphysics in Caribbean Islands and Implications for Rain Production. Poster Presentation at the 2011 AGU Fall Meeting, 5-9 December 2011, San Francisco, CA.
- Jorge E. González, and R. Gonzalez, D. R. Brito, and D. E. Comarazamy Impacts of regional climate changes on the hydrometeorology of La Hispaniola: The Enriquillo & Sumatra Lakes water basin. Presented at the 91st Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, January 23-27, 2011. http://ams.confex.com/ams/91Annual/webprogram/Paper185859.html
- Jorge E. Gonzalez, D. E. Comarazamy, J. Luvall, D. Rickman, and T. Smith Investigation of Long-Term Impacts of Urbanization when Considering Global Warming for a Coastal Tropical Region. Ninth Symp. on the Urban Environment (1-6 August 2010) (Keystone, CO).https://ams.confex.com/ams/19Ag19BLT9Urban/techprogram/paper_172935.htm
2007 – 2009
- Jorge E. González. Impacts of urbanization in the coastal tropical city of San Juan, Puerto Rico, 7th AMS Symposium on the Urban Environment, 9 – 13 Sep. 2007, San Diego, CA (Invited).
- Jorge E. González and Daniel Comarazamy. On the validation of the simulation of early season precipitation in the island of Puerto Rico using a mesoscale atmospheric model, 87th AMS Annual Meeting, Combined Preprints, 14 – 18 January 2007, San Antonio, TX.
- Jorge E. González and Daniel Comarazamy. A Cloud Microphysics Scheme to Resolve the Origins of the Caribbean Mid-Summer Drought, 17th AMS/WMA Conference on Planned and Inadvertent Weather Modification, 20 – 25 April 2008, Denver, CO
- Jorge E. González and Daniel Comarazamy. Climate Impacts of LCLU Changes on a Tropical Coastal Region under a Changing Climate, 2nd International Conference on Countermeasures to Urban Heat Islands (SICCUHI), 21 – 23 September 2009, Berkeley, CA.
- Jorge E. González. Total Climate Changes in Tropical Coastal Areas: LCLU + Green House Gasses, 7th International Conference on Urban Climate (ICUC7), 29 June – 3 July 2009, Yokohama, Japan (Plenary).
- Jorge E. González and Daniel Comarazamy. Impact of Land Cover Land Use Changes on a Sea Breeze Dominated Climate in the Tropics, 89th AMS Annual Meeting, Combined Preprints, 11 – 15 January 2009, Phoenix, AZ.
- Jorge E. González and D. E. Comarazamy. Impact of LCLU changes in coastal tropical regions under conditions of global climate change. Presented at the 22nd Conference on Climate Variability and Change of the 90th American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting (Atlanta, GA). https://ams.confex.com/ams/90annual/techprogram/paper_164224.htm